Travel Media Awards Website Privacy Statement
Company Number: 3393234
VAT number: 701391176
Registered Office: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB.
Company Number: 09007168
VAT number:185 7414 80
Registered Office: Patteson Court, Nutfield Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 4ED
APL Media identifies itself as a Data Controller and Data Processor under Data Protection law and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) , registration number ZA345047. You may lodge a complaint with the ICO in the event of APL Media’s non-compliance with UK Data Protection law.
As a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998) and the GDPR (2018), APL Media adheres strictly to our legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you.
APL Media does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this web site, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, or by using an electronic form, or enquiring about any of our services. In these circumstances, the personal information that you give us will only be used to provide the information or service you have requested.
Personal information is not disclosed to third parties unless this is indicated on the web page and / or relevant form at the point of collecting information from you, or as required by law.
You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to request a copy of your personal information, a request should be sent via email to our Data Protection Officer:
We automatically collect statistical data about usage patterns on our website. This information is not used to identify any individual. It is only collected to provide us with an understanding of the areas of interest on our site and kept only for as long as required for this purpose.
The so-called “Cookie Law” requires websites to obtain consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer or any other web connected device, like a smartphone or tablet.
A cookie is a text file that is used by many websites to identify your computer to their server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. This is done in order to make your experience of the JDA website smoother by remembering any preferences or settings from the previous visit. APL Media also tracks the volume of traffic on its website by using cookies.
APL Media will continue to check and monitor our data protection obligations to ensure they are up to date. APL Media will develop and evolve their website, therefore this Policy will adapt to those changes. Please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
Email Subscriber, Entrant and Ticket Holders Data Privacy Notice
1. APL Media identifies itself as a Data Controller and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZA345047. You may lodge a complaint with the ICO in the event of APL Media’s non-compliance with UK Data Protection law.
2. You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, amend, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Where your information is required for statutory recordkeeping purposes, we reserve the right under UK Data Protection law not to comply with your request.
3. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to review or request a copy of your personal information, email our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. APL Media uses various applications to administer your personal data. We do not use these tools to perform profiling or any kind of automated decision-making about you or your organisation.
5. APL Media would like to hold your personal data in electronic database form, including the use of cloud-based applications. APL Media make sure to select cloud providers who provide suitable guarantees over the privacy and rights associated with your personal data.
6. We will keep your personal data for at least the minimum statutory period allowed, normally in the case of financial records this is 6 years. Please note that APL Media has a legitimate interest in retaining your personal data for legal and financial record keeping purposes.
7. APL Media will not give your data to any third parties unless required for the proper administration of your account and for the avoidance of doubt, will never give your personal details to third parties for marketing or other non-essential purposes.
8. In order to administer the company and keep records, APL Media uses 3rd-party providers that host data outside of the EU. All such providers commit to the US-EU Privacy Shield and are committed to keeping your data safe. Where appropriate, the providers align to the ISO 27001 standards of data governance.
9. APL Media and Travel Media Awards keeps its clients informed of relevant news and non-promotional information via email newsletters. As business contacts of The Travel Media Awards working in the travel or media industries who have previously entered, attended or sponsored the Awards, we will send you occasional email newsletters containing the latest information about the awards. You can opt out of these at any time using the links on every email we send you, or by emailing email@example.com
10. Where you have consented to it via electronic form or other similar means, we will process your data to send you the regular email newsletters containing the latest news about the awards that you have requested from us.
11. In order to make sure we do not bother you with irrelevant emails, we also retain your communications preferences on a database that has tools for bulk emailing. Your main contact details will be kept for an indefinite period, or until you inform us that you wish us to erase your data or unsubscribe from APL Media communications altogether.
12. We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk. All personal details- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)- are held on encrypted devices, protected with password protection which where possible is dual-factor authenticated.