Specialist Travel Writer of the Year
This award is open to professional travel writers or journalists who specialise in a particular travel topic or geographic area. Examples of a travel topic or geographic area could include cruise, safari, luxury, food travel, East Africa, Southeast Asia, etc. In light of Covid-19 we would this year particularly welcome entries that focussed on keeping travellers inspired during the national lockdowns, alongside travel related work relating to the pandemic.
- Nominees should submit a minimum of three individual examples of work published in print or online between 1 May 2020 and 30 April 2021 covering their selected specialism. Online submissions may include web and podcast writing.
- Print: nominees must submit dated PDF copies of the articles showing the name of the publication.
- Online: nominees must submit the URL to access the articles online or dated PDF copies of the articles showing the publication name. If relevant, they should also submit details on how to access the articles for free.
- Please state what your specialist topic or geographic area is.
- Judges will be looking for a writer/journalist who shows creativity and originality.
- Judges will reward entries that demonstrate the writer’s depth of knowledge and provide insight into their specialist topic
Entry to the Travel Media Awards 2021 has now closed