15 June, London: The inaugural Travel Media Awards are now open for entry. The event has been created to celebrate excellence in travel media, journalism, broadcasting and photography in both the consumer and trade media, and will be judged by both senior travel industry figures alongside some of the UK’s leading travel writers.
Entry is open to all travel writers, broadcasters and photographers, making the event a true barometer of the travel media sector.
The categories are:
- Travel Trade Writer of the Year
- Consumer Travel Writer of the Year
- Travel Blogger and Vlogger of the Year
- Young Travel Writer of the Year
- Travel and Tourism Photography Award
- Travel Trade Publication of the Year
- Consumer Travel Publication of the Year
- National Tabloid Newspaper Travel Section of the Year
- National Broadsheet Newspaper Travel Section of the Year
- Consumer Magazine Travel Section of the Year
- Online Travel Trade Publication of the Year
- Online Consumer Travel Publication of the Year
- Regional Publication Travel Feature of the Year
- Travel Trade Feature of the Year
- National Consumer Travel Feature of the Year
- Travel Broadcast Programme of the Year –TV, Radio, Online
- Travel Guide Book of the Year
- Customer Magazine of the Year
- Travel Media Innovative Campaign & Content of the Year
- Special Contribution Award
A special advisory panel has been created to offer input and guidance and advise on matters of strategy.
The Advisory Panel include:
- Jill Duffell, PR Manager, Tourism Australia
- Jonathan Sloan, Managing Director, Hills Balfour
- Debbie Flynn, Chief Executive, Brighter Group
- Jules Ugo, PR Director, Lotus PR
- Rachel O’Reilly, Head of Comms, Kuoni
- Howard Salinger, Regional Director, TravMedia
- Maria Pieri, Editorial Director, APL Media Limited
The awards will take place Monday 9 November 2015 at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London NW1.
For more information, please visit www.travelmediaawards.g2.wmclients.co.uk or contact [email protected]
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact [email protected]
Notes for Editors
The Travel Media Awards are owned and operated under a joint venture agreement between Travega and APL Media Limited. For the purposes of fairness and transparency, no travel titles by APL Media will be entered into the Awards. An advisory panel will be created as part of the awards.
APL Media Limited (formerly Absolute Publishing Ltd) works across the travel and lifestyle sectors in a number of media, from print right through to events. APL Media produces the award-winning National Geographic Traveller (UK) magazine, ABTA Magazine, Destination Vacation, ASTANetwork and a series of lifestyle newspaper supplements, apps and websites. http://www.aplmedia.co.uk
Travega offers a range of travel marketing solutions to companies within both the leisure and business travel sectors, including sponsorship sales, event management and consumer database sales.