How to prepare a submission
- Check the entry criteria to view the supporting materials and work you’re required to submit as part of your entry, and the format you’re required to submit them in.
- See Terms & Conditions for requirements that apply to all entries.
- Remember, you must provide comprehensive contact details.
- Work samples should be submitted digitally where possible.
- Supporting material and work for your entry, as specified on the Category page.
- Contact details, including Twitter handle (if available).
- Indication of the date of publication/broadcast, and name of publication, channel or website that carried the work.
- You can view details of the judging process and judges here.
- The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Finalists in all awards categories will be notified by 4 September 2023.
General information & terms
- ‘Work’ is an article, feature, blog, vlog, photograph, broadcast, publication, travel book or website in any category that you wish to enter.
- Work submitted must have been published in the UK in print or online, or if broadcast, aired on television, radio or online between 1 May 2022 and 30 April 2023.
- Work submitted must show the date and name of the medium in which it was published.
- PDFs submitted must be labelled with the name of the feature and the publication.
- Individual pieces of work may be entered in more than one category, but they must be submitted for each category.
- A ‘travel article’ is defined as a piece of writing about travel products, topics or destinations that’s published in a publication — newspaper, magazine or online.
- A ‘travel feature’ is defined as a piece of writing or broadcasting that concentrates on a particular travel-related subject or destination.
- A ‘travel blogger’ is defined as a writer who has at least one year of regular travel blogging experience.
- A travel vlogger is defined as a writer/journalist who has at least one year of regular travel vlogging experience.
- The closing date for submissions of work is 19 May 2023.
- The decision of the judging panels is final.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to amend or withdraw a category or categories from the Awards should they conclude there are insufficient entries.
- Entry to the Awards signifies your acceptance of all terms and conditions as stipulated.
- Please note: if any work samples have to be mailed, they will not be returned unless an appropriately sized, self-addressed stamped mailer is provided. APL Media will not be responsible for any damaged or lost works.